LEVEL OF GRACE
- Grace is a privilege from God and it exists in levels/measures.
- Every spiritual gifts/ divine assistance/ ability is a grace and it is given at certain measure to start with.
- A particular Spiritual gift is given different Christians in different levels as God deems fit (Matt.25: 14-15).
- Every grace is given for a purpose, it is this purpose that determines the level. e.g. Apostle Paul must face opposition by the Jews in reaching the gentiles with the Gospel so he was given the grace to endure suffering. (Acts. 9:15-16). The early Church received great grace for signs and wonders so the unbelieving Jews and others would believe the Gospel (Acts. 4:32-33).
- Comparing people’s grace (divine abilities) is a display of immaturity because God does not give such abilities equally (2 Cor. 10:12, 1Cor. 3:3-4)
- The level of grace somebody received at the onset is expected to increase as the person utilizes the grace faithfully. It is a sin to make grace redundant (Matt. 25: 16-19,1Cor. 12:6-7)
- We are to glorify God for the grace we receive, we must run away from self glorification (Jer. 9: 23-24)
- The grace we receive is not for self improvement but to glorify God through effective service inside and outside the Church building. The devil wanted Jesus to use His grace for selfish purpose but Jesus refused ( Matt. 4:1-4)
DIFFERENT LEVELS OF GRACE:
- Grace at conversion: Eph. 2:8. This is the first level but we need to grow in it.
- Great Grace: Act 4:3. This is the level God begins to do the miraculous through you.
- Sufficient level of Grace: 2Cor.12:9. God is interested in our growing from infanthood to adulthood. So, we have sufficient grace because at this level, we are exposed to more responsibilities for our spiritual growth and maturity.
- Abundant Grace: 2Cor 4:15. Here, you experience favour and peace no matter what. Certain levels of breakthrough never happen until you reach this level.
- All Grace: 2Cor 9:8. This is the realm of sufficiency in all things.